Friday, November 30, 2007

Roger, Romeo and Out


Last day of November 2007. Roger Smith, former CEO of General Motors, foil to Michael Moore in Roger & Me (1989), is dead. As is Henry Hyde, rabid critic of Bill Clinton. Though I was a fan of neither, may they RIP.


Happy birthday to my pal Amy Patrice Spade (b. Dearborn, Michigan, 1970), now living in the San Francisco Bay area. More in the pipeline.

Selma Blair of Southfield, Michigan.

Other birthdays: Mark Twain, Winston Churchill, Jacques Barzun, Gordon Parks, Abbie Hoffman, Billy Idol -- classic Sagittarians. Jacques Barzun turned 100 years old today!

Today's Rune: Movment.

5 comments:

Sidney said...

I used to like Moore "Television Nation" show, an aside to your post I guess, but it was kind of cool. He rented a house and did various things to make it look like a serial killer was living there to see if the neighbors would report it but no one ever did.

JR's Thumbprints said...

Damn fine passage by Amy Spade. Although I'm sick, I'm certainly glad my neck is warm and untouched.

mountii said...

WHAT CAN I SAY OTHER THAN I LIKE UR BLOG MAN, I ACCIDENTALLY STUMBLED ON IT TO TELL U THE UP FRONT TRUTH CUZ I'M JUST A REAL PERSON, BUT I CAN'T LIE...I LIKE WHAT I'VE SEEN ...SO FAR


I PRETTY SURE U DON'T DISAPPOINT

Lana Gramlich said...

I never saw "Roger & Me," but I'd sure like to throttle the CEO of Dodge/Chrysler about now. Although I loved my Intrepid, I had to have the transmission rebuilt. Although I've loved my Stratus, I just had to have the transmission rebuilt! Hopefully the Stratus will be like the Intrepid, in that that's the ONLY work (besides maintenance,) that it'll need!

the walking man said...

See ya later Evel

Peace

mark