Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Station to Station, I to I




















In English, there are something like eight "I" countries and one dependency.

I've had the great pleasure of spending time in Ireland and Italy, and would be happy to spend a lot more in both.

India would be interesting, given certain conditions. My eldest sister has been, the only member of my immediate family.

Isle of Man -- seen it from afar, in between moving around Scotland, Ireland, and England. Had an excellent stay on the Isle of Wight, but that's for another post. Lots of famous concerts on both the Isle of Man and Isle of Wight (Jimi Hendrix, for instance).

Israel, Iran, Iraq, Indonesia. If paid handsomely and closely guarded, with a specific purpose, maybe. Some day far off, or never. These ain't no CBGB, and I ain't no Joe the Plumber . . .

Iceland -- almost made it a couple times! But alas, still to do. It's in the blood, ya know . . .



















Today's Rune: Signals.

3 comments:

Lana Gramlich said...

I have friends w/family in Iceland. They've sent me some fantastic photos, of course. I haven't been to any of the "I" lands. We were scheduled for the British Isles a couple of years ago, but then I bought our house (we were scheduled to close just a week or so before leaving, so I cancelled the trip.)

jodi said...

Eric, U R adventurous 2 go 2 the I lands!

Distributorcap said...

what about Idaho. that seems pretty foreign here LOL