Monday, May 31, 2010

Decoration Day: Im Westen Nichts Neues













Coming at you from Saxapahaw, a salute on Decoration Day. Despite long wars of dubious worth fought in multiple tours by volunteer military forces supplemented by better-paid latter day Hessians; the Seaborne Toxic Event; and disarray, mayhem and general global weirdness -- all in all, it's been a good day in the here and now. Hope all are well out there, fighting the good fight or peaceably assembling something for the ages. Until next time, adieu. I made it!













These days, things are quiet not in the West, nor in the East, not in the North nor in the South.  Stay strong: there are many more fights to come, and on all fronts.  George Orwell and Aldous Huxley called it, both.

Today's Rune: Growth.

5 comments:

Lana Gramlich said...

I put up another post about the Gulf spill, if you're interested. I find it very hard to think about, so gathering my indignant horror into today's post was a difficult task.

Johnny Rojo said...

Amen, brother. The future is turning out to be quite dystopian.

Charles Gramlich said...

I'm thankful that, though there is drama in many places, there was no drama in my house today.

jodi said...

Erik, George Orwell used to scare the hell out of me. Now I am jaded and resigned. Happy Memorial Day weekend to you!

Anonymous said...

人家都說男人到大陸都會外遇包二奶
老婆淚眼說擔心他外遇
他了解老婆的擔心,只好用錢去彌補分離的缺憾
漸漸的,老婆的電話愈來愈少…
她說,她是怕自己太依賴
漸漸的,他知道其實是她有了外遇
於是,面對自己外遇的行為,他忽然覺得好過了些…