Saturday, August 07, 2010

In Search of Lost Time













Many thanks to those who read and/or commented on the vanished places post. Are there other places you wish were still there? Or, are there places you've revisited that were different from how you remembered them? What kind of things jog your memory?

Finally, do you have a preference for digital or analog time? How well do the two systems -- which are kind of as different as handwritten vs. word processed notes -- sync in your mind's eye?

I have two alarm clocks: one digital 24-hour electric clock radio and one battery-powered 12-hour analog clock that faintly glows in the dark. For me, they work in tandem.

Today's Rune: Defense.

3 comments:

the walking man said...

Nothing from MY yesterday is the same and little of it exists in any form anymore. Tomorrow may be the same after I have gone though today.

Charles Gramlich said...

I must profess a preference for the Analog.

Johnny Yen said...

We have a mix in our home.

I used to wear a couple of wind-up wristwatches that I bought at a garage sale for five bucks each years ago. After 3 or 4 repairs each, they gave up the ghost.

As a nursing student, I am required to wear an analog watch with a second hand.