Friday, November 26, 2010

It's 1968, Okay?


















My gig as ring boy, 1968. I am seven years old in this picture. I don't remember sampling the wedding cake ahead of schedule, making my Aunt D. angry (a very rare event); I do remember running around during the reception, sampling champagne surreptitiously.
Inspired by JR Tomlinson, because of his interest in family photos. None of my siblings are in this one, but my parents are, and other family members.

"Thanksgiving" by Erik D. France, November 1969 (St. Paul, Minnesota, USA)

What's there to be thankful for?
I'm living!
A time to count your blessings
Thanksgiving's a special time
The blue sky
The birds that fly
The beautiful trees
The honey-making bees
All of these
I am thankful for
And many more.

"The Snowflake" (Ditto., December 1969)

Before I melt
Come look at me
My beauty see
Breathe and I vanish
Instantly

Today's Rune: Harvest.

4 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Could be the champagne sampling is the reason you don't remember the cake sampling.

Adorably Dead said...

You're so cute! Little 7 year old heart breaker, lol :p

Erik Donald France said...

Thanks for the comments -- chuckles ;->

Lana Gramlich said...

Nice photo! Sure our photos date us, but they can also be very charming. You're looking rather dapper in your little suit there!