Saturday, January 14, 2012

The First Supper




















Let's rewind from the Last Supper to the First. Do you remember an early childhood experience dining with family or friends?  I remember many a family meal at a dining room table, and extended family get togethers that often included an outdoors component.  Lost in the mists of time are very early meals experienced as an infant or tiny kid.

In Pennsylvania, we had gatherings that included grilling, corn on the cob, and regular meals made by my Mom that included meatloaf and mashed potatoes, green beans and applesauce lightly sprinkled with cinnamon. I remember early on my Dad having snacks of sardines and mustard, something even to this day I've never tried. How about you?   










Today's Rune: Journey.

1 comment:

2020 said...

Sardines with mustard! Heaven.