Friday, November 23, 2012

Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps (Reprised)













This may sound a little like a Paul Harvey "Good day" endorsement, but fact is, I've been giving Dr. Bronner products a whirl between 2010 and now, for my first continuous use of them since the 1980s. And I am delighted to endorse them, no strings attached.  Excellent stuff!

What is Castile soap?  It is olive oil-based, not made of animal fat. Olive oil plus a little of this (organic) and a little of that (organic).  Unless you are a hungry bird of some sort, far preferable to products blended with tallow, suet or lard, certainly. There are also a number of "progressive" rationales for using Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps and ancillary products, as well (Fair Trade, certified organic, etc.). A link to the official website: http://www.drbronner.com/

















Dr. Bronner's products can be found at Target stores in the "health / natural products" area (as of this posting), at "health" stores and eateries, and online (including Amazon). Probably other places, too, but I've actually seen them sold in the aforementioned marketplaces. (I noticed recently that Dr. Bronner's "travel size" liquid soaps are in the travel section at Target).

So far, I've done laundry (colors) with Dr. Bronner's liquid soap and used it as shampoo. It works for both, very well. I use conditioner after shampooing. A little of the liquid soap goes a long way. I've also used the liquid soap for washing dishes. Advice: rinse and dry thoroughly to remove any soap streaks. Haven't tried it as toothpaste. Have tried the shaving gel -- very refreshing! Oh yeah -- you can also use the liquid soap for cleaning all sorts of surfaces.  Worth trying! "ALL-ONE!" 

Today's Rune: Joy.   n.b. Olives are technically a fruit, not a vegetable.  

1 comment:

Charles Gramlich said...

Hum, I'll have to try it. I use olive oil pretty strictly in my cooking.