Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Year Two of the Revolution


I began this blog a year ago, planning to post something every day.


For months before starting, I'd done a series of rosaries focusing on writing and creating and, in retrospect, this blog is probably one of the results of that contemplation.


The original aim was to focus on "an appreciation of the past . . . the present, and speculations about the future," and for the past year, this aim has remained true.

Posting daily has forced me to become more disciplined in daily life, because even a short post requires concentration and time. This can be a challenge given the unpredictability of things, especially when travelling.

On the other hand, it's been an exciting adventure and I'm grateful to all of you who look at this and read it. Thank you all!

The blogosphere seems a wild kaleidoscope of communitities and individuals, to me an endlessly fascinating forum for the free flow of ideas and observations.

For all these reasons and more, I hereby begin the second year of Erik's Choice. When drawing from the past, present, and future, there's certainly no shortage of material.

Today's Rune: Possessions.

Happy Mardi Gras Day and in Detroit, particularly in Hamtramck, Happy Pączki Day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy One Year -- keep up the good work.

JR's Thumbprints said...

Wow Erik! One year! I admire your stamina and, of course, your blog. Keep at it.

Anonymous said...

Great stuff Erik. I don't comment often but I am always amazed by your subjects and coverage of them. I also hope you keep it up
because I read your blog daily and enjoy it. MW

Charles Gramlich said...

Congrats on making a year. I'm haven't been at it that long but am having a lot of fun and have met a lot of interesting folks.