Wednesday, September 10, 2008

What the Phở?


In praise of Vietnamese food: to me, it's fantastic, exotic, strange and excellent. Did I mention diffferent? At least where I've tried it in the USA, vastly different (and immensely better) than typical Chinese fare. I'm a true fan of Indian, Thai, and Japanese, but this summer on the road, it was Vietnamese grub that really grabbed my attention.


Here's a sample of Phở (looks like "Pho" but sounds more like "Fuh?") -- something about the fusion of native Vietnamese cuisine with French colonial additions, plus other Asian influences, really impresses my palate. Vietnamese coffee is awesome, too -- served either in French style, or with some sugary infusion, or with condensed milk added. It's all good!

Today's Rune: Partnership.

3 comments:

JR's Thumbprints said...

Have you tried Lebanese Kibbee? I'm not much for raw meat, but this is very tastee.

Erik Donald France said...

Hey Jim -- good stuff, eh? Better than Kibbel and Bits, I'm guessing ;->

(Seriously, I do like Lebanese food, too)

Lana Gramlich said...

*LOL @ the title.* That does look good, though!