Monday, February 16, 2009

Frost/Nixon: Threads to Infinity, Part I



















Well, you've got Rebecca Hall playing Caroline Cushing, the open-minded, willing woman Frost picks up in transit by asking her if she wants to meet Nixon. Ms. Hall is none other than "Vicky" (as an American -- she is British) in Woody Allen's Vicky Cristina Barcelona (2008).

Then you have Toby Jones, who took a riveting turn as Truman Capote in Infamous (2005) but seems overwrought as Nixon's literary agent, Swifty Lazar.

And there's Frank Langella (brilliant as Nixon), whose first screen test came as George Prager ("the writer!") in Frank Perry's 1970 adaptation of Sue Kaufman's Diary of A Mad Housewife. Man, talk about growing into a role! Here's a snippet from Diary:



Yet more to come on Frost/Nixon.

Today's Rune: Journey.

3 comments:

Johnny Yen said...

Frank Langella would not have been at the top of my list to portray Nixon, but everybody I've talked to that saw Frost/Nixon said he's amazing.

I was reading recently that Frank Langella used to listen to tapes of John Gielgud to get rid of his New Jersey accent.

Lana Gramlich said...

I want to see this (I'd also like to see the original interviews, but I doubt I'll have the opportunity...I guess I can look over YouTube & see if some of them made it there.)
I didn't realize that was Langella at first. Guess I remember him all too well as (my favorite) Dracula.

Anonymous said...

徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 感情挽回 , 感情挽回 , 感情挽回 , 感情挽回 , 婚姻挽回 , 婚姻挽回 , 婚姻挽回 , 婚姻挽回 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 網頁設計 , 網頁設計 , 網頁設計公司 , 網頁設計公司 , 網頁設計 , 網頁設計 , 網頁設計 , 網頁設計 , 網頁設計 , 網頁設計 , 網頁設計 , 網頁設計 , 網頁設計 , 網頁設計 , 網頁設計 , 網頁設計 , 網頁設計 , 網頁設計 , 網頁設計 , 網頁設計 , 網頁設計 , 網頁設計 , 網頁設計 , SEO , SEO , SEO , SEO , SEO , SEO , SEO , SEO , SEO , SEO , SEO , SEO , SEO


SEO , SEO , SEO , SEO , SEO , SEO , 網頁設計 , 網頁設計 , 網頁設計 , 網頁設計 , 廣告設計 , 廣告設計 , 廣告設計 , 廣告設計