Friday, August 25, 2006

Annette Bening















The superb American actor Annette Bening plays Deirdre Burroughs, Augusten's bizarre mother (a sort of Anne Sexton without the talent) in Running with Scissors, which is set for theatrical release in the USA on October 11, 2006.

Bening is perfect in the lead role of HBO's Mrs. Harris (2005), a real treat for mature audiences. The wacky (and ultimately deadly) Jean Harris-Herman Tarnower relationship is something to behold.

Bening (b. 5/29/1958, Topeka, Kansas), a poweful actor, has juicy roles in a variety of movies. Examples: The Grifters (1990); Bugsy (1991); Richard III (1995) -- a clever version set in an alternative fascist England; and American Beauty (1999). More recently, she starred in Being Julia (2004).

Annette Bening married Warren Beatty (b. 3/30/1937, Richmond, Virginia) in 1992; together they have three daughters and a son. Happily, Bening's not in Kansas anymore -- not by a long shot.



Today's Rune: Fertility.

Ciao!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love her stuff. I thought she was very good in Grifters.

Anonymous said...

These pictures rock!

Anonymous said...

I Love Annette Bening! She was great in "Being Julia!"

Anonymous said...

I thought Annette Bening was sensual(or is it sensuous?) in "The Seige." The guy who plays "Monk" did a good job in this film, too. I don't like him in "Monk"--too psychotic. Peter Sellers could do it right, God rest his brilliant soul.

Anonymous said...

I thought Annette Bening was sensual(or is it sensuous?) in "The Seige." The guy who plays "Monk" did a good job in this film, too. I don't like him in "Monk"--too psychotic. Peter Sellers could do it right, God rest his brilliant soul.

Anonymous said...

Robin, am I repeating myself?

Erik Donald France said...

Hey Robin and anonymi, Annette is cool -- both sensual and sensuous, as well as sharp. I haven't seen The Siege, though. Cheers to Peter Sellars -- the HBO biopic about him is great.

Cheers, E'

Anonymous said...

You miss me already, don't ya, AP! You better be good, or Erik might delete your comments! He's got the power. :)

Bobby said...

Running With Scissors is one of my favorite books. I can't wait to see this movie. This book should adapt well.